Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting Wisdom

In my morning devotions I have been studying and meditating on Proverbs.  Solomon listed reasons why we should study the book of  proverbs.  He said that we should so it because we need to learn how to have a dsicipline and fruitful life.  Proverbs can help us have wisdom, understanding, insight and knowledge.  Through the proverbs we can mentor, guide and help the simple, young and uninformed.  Solomon says that all wisdom and ends with the fear of the Lord.  I have written over 600 insightful says and thoughts in the past two years.  I have wanted to become a wise man.  It may be a phase I am going through.  I want the next generation to see how good God is and to see God move in our land.  Lately, I have seen many things among the believers because I cannot call them Christians that disturbs me.  I have seen pettiness, childishness, selfishness dishonesty and coldness.  So in my quest to know God better I have to issue this warning to myself and all in the sphere of my influence.  Stop what you are doing and come back to your first love.  Love and work for love.  Be an instrument of peace and healing.  Stop hiding your selfishness in a cloak of concern and be honest with yourself and God.  Many today have no fear of God.  One day all of us will have to give an account.  I pray that He will be pleased with our lives and interaction with others.  Food for thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment