Thursday, May 31, 2012

God is good.

Today I have been thinking about the goodness of God.  God is good in every situation and circumstance of life.  I remember a story of Corrie Ten Boon of the Hiding Place and Brother Andrew who is God's smuggler.  They were having lunch at Corrie's new home.  Corrie had just shown Brother Andrew the house and the grounds to which he remarked, "Corrie, God has been good to you."  Corrie's face turned stern and she remarked back, "Andrew, God was good when I and my sister were in the concentration camps and the Nazi's were hurting us."  God is always good.  This story affacted me because it reminded me that no matter what situation I find myself in God is still good.  Things are still going to work out for good.  The apostle Paul said, "Whatever state I find myself in, I am content."  Paul knew that God was good.  The goodness of God is the thing that takes us through the bad times and helps us appreciate the good times.  Remember, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment