Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A good wife.

I was reading in my devotions this morning from Prov 31, where Solomon or Lemuel as he is also known writes about the qualities of a good wife.  Wives can be a blessing or curse it just depends on how they are treated and if they are a believer or not.  The wife that Solomon describes here is based on his view of his own mother who of course was Bathsheba.  Solomon says that a good wife is more precious than rubies.  She brings her husband good not harm.  He is respected because of his wife.  She is a person of character and integrity.  She is honest, pure, upright, moral and delightful.  She knows the value of money and uses it well.  She is a person who encourages and has compassion for those around her.  Her desire is to help and not hinder.  She thinks of others before she thinks of herself.  She has a servant's heart and is doing the will of God.  A godly woman is a real blessing.  If you have such a person in your life you are truly blessed.  I have had such a person in my life for 35 years.  My wife Lois is all of these qualities and so much more.  Today I rise up and call her blessed.  I hope you can do the same for your spouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment