Thursday, May 10, 2012

Offer Praise to the Lord.

In the past few days I have been spending time in two places in my devotions.  I have been reading in Deuteronomy and Psalms.  The two themes I have been meditating on has been praise and the word.  These two themes are two pillars of the faith.  You need the word as your final standard of faith and practice.  You need praise because it releases the emotional experience of being connected with God.  The word gives us focus and guidance, praise gives us freedom and victory.  Both are essential for spiritual life and growth.  The word releases God's promises and praise releases His power.  The word helps us to understand God's will, praise releases it into the realms in which we live.  The word tells us that we have victory in all areas of life, praise makes it a reality.  You need both to balance out your walk with the Lord.  Many times in my life I have sung the word in my devotional times.  This tandem of praise and the word releases victory in my life like nothing else.  The word spoken creates a powerful explosion of spiritual power into your world.  It sets up a spiritual reality like nothing else.  More has been accomplished in spiritual warfare in my life during these times than anything else.  Speak God's word aloud or sing it with a heart of praise and spiritual reality will be released in your life for the praise and glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment