Monday, August 23, 2021

Aug 23 -Vignettes on Prayer

 Aug 23 -Vignettes on Prayer

 

     Mankind has tried to conquer the old nature since the fall.  Eastern man has tried to do it through meditation, denial and focus.  Modern man tries to do it through behavioral modification.  The only way to truly overcome the flesh is through new birth and becoming the temple of the Holy Spirit.  He has the power to overcome the flesh with your co-operation.  This following declaration is an out loud prayer to help with this.   — I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my enablement moment by moment to live above sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the resurrection so that I may walk in newness of life. I confess that only God can deal with my sin and only God can produce holiness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put on the new man” (Ro 6:1-4; Eph 4:24).  Lord I will cooperate and let you have control in Jesus name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment