Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hear Jesus

In Luke 10:16, Jesus makes it very clear that when people listen to Him hear the Lord and those that do not hear Him do not hear the Lord.  Jesus is the face of God.  Jesus said, in the Book of John that if the people saw Him they saw the Father.  It was Jesus' desire to do the will of the Father.  It should be our desire as well.  The will of God is such a privilege.  To be able to follow Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and then to love your neighbor as yourself is wonderful.  To be able to go into our world and preach the gospel and make disciples of all who we win for Jesus Christ is such an awesome responsibility.  To be an ambassador for Jesus Christ in a lost and dying world is at times over whelming.  When I came to know Jesus Christ back in 1974, the first thing I realized that this message of redemption and love must be told to everyone in my world.  I also remember my first conversation about Christ was when I had returned home from the weekend after getting saved.   I walked in the door and my mother looked at me and said, "What happened to you?"  I replied, "I came to know Christ this weekend?"  She replied, "Well, I do not want anything to do with that nut house religion."  Right away I told my first person about Christ.  Since then I have had the privilege of sharing about Him thousands of times.  As I close this morning I remind you that if you hear the message of Jesus Christ you are hearing what the Father wants you to hear.  So hear what the Spirit is saying to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment