Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Letters to David - Letters written by a Disciple of Jesus Christ on his journey in the Lord - Letter One

Letters To David

Hello David
I have wanted to write to you for a long time but like it seems like every time I get a minute, it seems something gets in the way. So I decided I just need to take the time and write. I wanted to talk to you about my struggles in prayer. Have you ever wondered why it seems that your prayers just bounce off the ceiling? I know I have. I know the word says that God is all powerful but why does it seems that in my world it just doesn't happen. There seems to be a holy frustration among God's people. We have a desire to pray but how does one turn that desire into a lifestyle of prayer? This to me is a paradox. You want to pray, you have a desire to pray but you can't either find the time or when you do, you cannot put your feelings into words.
I know I seem to be just spilling my thoughts onto the page but this is a real dilemma for me. I have ths great desire to pray, I want to pray but I need to figure this out. I love the Lord with all my heart and with every fibre of my being I want to serve and obey Him but like most I struggle with prayer so if it is o.k. I am going to write to you and tell you how this journey progresses.
Prayer is such an intimate thing David, it is a personal time with the creator of the universe. It boggles the mind to think that we can communicate in this form to the one who is still creating all things. To speak one on one with an individual who as Isaiah says, in Isaiah 55, "His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are greater than our thoughts." Truly prayer is an amazing spiritual exercise. It is also mind boggling to think that as one writer said, "Prayer is the most powerful thing in the universe because the most powerful being in the universe is backing it up." That we have the privilege of being to pray. It really gives a person assurance that when they pray that God will back up everything He says in His word.
Well David I guess I will go now. Been great sharing these thoughts with you. I look forward to our next letter. I will write to you soon.

Your Friend

Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment