Monday, April 22, 2013

Bringing peace to others!

In Matt 5,  Jesus list several beatitudes.  This is you are blessed if you follow his ways certain things happen to you.  For example, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the Sons of God."  If you are a person who wants to sow peace and its attributes you first have to be at peace yourself.  This begins with having your sins forgiven and being in a right relationship with God.  Only then can you offer peace to someone else.  Peace is absence of war and strife in one's personal world.  Jesus promised to give peace not as the world gives.  His peace is a peace that the world cannot give and the world cannot take away.  When you have the peace of God working in your life you can sow peace into the life of others.  Paul writes in 1 Cor 11:23, "That which I have, I will give unto you."  In other words, the peace that I have, I can give it to you.  We can introduce people to Jesus and then He will give them the same peace that we have.  Having a peaceful disposition also allows others who come into our presence feel and experience that peace for themselves.  One day when I was younger my family was having a very busy function.  Everyone around me was running doing things and I was involved as well, but I was totally at peace that day.  One non Christian family member said, "How can you be so peaceful?"  I remark it was because of Jesus.  She kind of half smiled and went about her business.  Jesus makes all the difference.  If world leaders would bring the real Jesus into peace talks then we would see real peace because they would know that peace is not wanting your own way but helping others to find a way through differences and coming to a solution where both parties can live with the results.  Only the Lord can do that.  Today live in peace with all people by letting Prince of Peace rule in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment