Friday, May 14, 2021

May 14 - Vignettes on Prayer

 May 14 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     One of the greatest leaders in recent memory of  the Canadian church was Dr. Wilfred Grenfell.  He has been credited to making Newfoundland one of the most Christian places in the world.  He wrote about prayer this.  The privilege of prayer is to me one of the most cherished and loved privileges.  God answers prayer and I never venture to criticize his answers.  When I finally pass through the valley of the shadow of death, I expect to pass through it in conversation with Him. 

     I have been myself at many a fine christians death bed and witness many a glorious homecoming.  Truly the passing of a saint of God into eternity is a glorious event.  What a difference when a unrighteous person does.  They are afraid of death but the Christian knows it is a promotion to eternity.  When we pass let us pray that we are in conversation with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment