Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sept 1 - Vignettes on Prayer

 Sept 1 - Vignettes on Prayer   

 

     Paul writes in 2 Cor 12:10, I please myself in my infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ. For when I am weak, then am I powerful.  The following prayer acknowledges but then takes us to a place of strength in the Lord.  “Show me any area of weakness. Show me any area of my life that I must deal with so that I would please You. I do in every way today stand for You and the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life.  By faith and in dependence upon You, I put off the old man and stand into all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from the old nature. I put on the new man and stand into all the victory of the resurrection and the provision He has made for me there to live above sin.   Let us put off the old and become new as 2 Cor 5:17 points out.  Thank you Lord for this in Jesus name.”  Remember you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

No comments:

Post a Comment