Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Legacy

 1.       They will be remembered forever.  Ezra once again talks about legacy.  We should care about what people think of us after we are gone.  Joshua dis when he said, “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.  (Josh 24:15), David said Ps 128:3, that our children should be like olive branches around our table.  Talk about Lewis and the redemption of my names through my children.

 

a.        It is interesting that Ezra hits this theme over and over.  He says you want to influence and be remembered for what has been shown in this psalm.  These are qualities of a godly person.  They are communicated attributes of God and will outlive you.  My pastor Ken Bunting's legacy lives through me.  I am the last pastor in active service left from the revival of 1974 in Claresholm.  I take this responsibility very seriously.

b.      David is known as a man after God’s own heart.  Joseph and Daniel are known as men who were able to navigate an ungodly world through godliness.  Peter is known as the pastor of the church.  John as the beloved disciple.  Paul was the gentile apostle and writer of half the New Testament.  Jesus as the Savior of the world.  Billy Graham as the pastor of presidents, Smith Wigglesworth, the apostle of faith, Martin Luther the reformer, John Knox the man whose prayer rocked an empire and Fanny Crosby was the greatest hymn-writer of all.

c.       Your life does matter.  Only you can influence your world.  Your prayers, example, and lifestyle can touch so many. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment