Sunday, February 4, 2018

Fight sin

Fight sin – Sixty One

     Sin is something that every one of us must be willing not only to fight but conquer.  Billy Sunday, the baseball evangelist and reformer never spared himself or those he wanted to help in the vigor of his attacks on sin in any form.  He was especially strong against liquor because he has seen first hand what it was doing to society.  He thundered and attacked it during over 40 years of ministry.
     He preached Christ as the only answer for sin until his death in the mid 1930`s.  “I am against sin,” he would say.  “I will kick at it as long as I have a foot and I will fight against it as long as I have a fist.  I will butt against it as long as I have a head.  I will bite against it as long as I have a tooth.  When I am old and fistless, footless and toothless. I will gum it till I go home to glory and receive my crown of life.”  What an attitude.

     This is the attitude that every believer should have when it comes to the world, the flesh and the devil.  We should give no quarter.  We should have three responses to the world the flesh and the devil.  To the devil we should fight.  To the world we should not run and from the flesh we should run when we are in over our head.  Joseph did when Potiphar’s wife tried to get him to sin.  Give no place especially to sin.  Fight it with everything you have and remember through Jesus Christ you have the victory.  You are an overcomer, a victor and a conqueror through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment