Friday, July 30, 2021

July 30 - Vignettes on Prayer

 July 30 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

    In this vignette I will talk about the problems in prayer.  In our busy world with cell phones, emails, computers, smart devices and just the craziness of life learning to set aside time each day to spend alone with God can be a challenge and difficult.  For this reason alone is all the more necessary.  Nothing will give us peace of mind, freedom of worry, spiritual strength and victory in life that prayer.  Anxiety, worry, care and fear can only be truly coped with when we pray.  Coping with our busy schedules can only be done through prayer.  Martin Luther said, “I have so much to do, I have to spend several hours in prayer to get it done.”   Prayer must be placed at the top priority of a Christ list of goals and plans.  I have a poem that goes like this.  “I have so much to do today, I need to start my morning in prayer.”  The best time I find is first thing in the morning before the day starts so your day starts off right.  Of course the issues is not time but setting a time alone to be with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment