Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Vignettes on Prayer

 Jan 5 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     The verse I was looking today is such a great verse.  James 5:13, NASB: "Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises."  James is talking about how to release yourself from suffering.  When you are over your head and feel like you are drowning James has simple advice, pray.  The first response of any Christian should be prayer.  One writer says if you wait to pray when you are in trouble it may be too late.  Prayer should be a natural response at the beginning and end of the day.  I make it my habit to pray first thing in the morning.  Now my prayer times are a little earlier than most because for 9 years I have been getting up at 4 a.m. every morning.  This is because of my being a radio personality.  The issue is not the time but the habit.  When you are suffering in what ever form it may be James says pray.  James also has great advice that when you are happy, cheerful or excited.  Then sing praises to the Lord.  It releases victory into the natural and spiritual realms.  Two great thoughts for you and I today.

No comments:

Post a Comment