Sunday, January 3, 2021

Vignettes on Prayer

 


Jan 3 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

Today my daily scripture was 1 John 2:16, which tells us that God is love.  God’s love is amazing.  What I find so amazing is that the God of the universe loves me.  In fact he loves all his creation.  What is also fantastic is that God wants to communicate with his creation.  We call this communication prayer.  Jesus when He was talking to the woman at the well told her and us that God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.  Prayer is Spirit to spirit communication.  When we pray in a manner we are in the Spirit.  Paul tells us Romans that the Holy Spirit helps us when we pray and sometimes will pray through us with groans and prayers that cannot be expressed except through deep groaning and deep intercession.  There have been times where I have been praying and I have not known what to say except through deep personal groaning and tears.  All this comes through the love of God.  What I find fascinating is the God of the universe would want to spend time with me.  So today let us let the love of God flow through us as we pray.  Let his love be the foundation of our prayers today.  As we pray for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment