Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Psalm 113 - Psalm of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

I was awake in the midnight hour and my heart was troubled.
I know you are coming Lord, you said so.
Am I ready? Will I be caught unawares?
That is my question for me and then I thought about your people.
So many of us are apathetic, lethargic and apostate.

We are rich, increased with goods and lacking nothing.
But in truth we are naked, poor, blind and lame.
Our gold is fools gold and our silver is lead lined.
We live in houses with sand foundations.
We do not even see our poverty when we claim prosperity.

Oh God in your mercy call us back.
Open our eyes before it is too late.
You told us to watch and pray.
We are asleep and refusing to redeem the time.
We know you are coming soon but do we really?

We act like we have all the time in the world yet we don't
Your coming is immanent but we are like the foolish servant.
We bury our treasure in the ground.
Forgive us, cleanse us and help us to repent.
It is not too late.  There is still time in the midnight hour.

I turned my face to the Lord.
I called out to Him and He heard me.
He came and restored my life and vision.
He helps me to see and He helped me to obey.
Lord keep all of us to do this or we could miss the greatest time in history.


No comments:

Post a Comment