Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Psalm 99 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Psalm 99- Psalms of Steel

I sit today at my place of prayer.
I ponder my life and how it has faired.
What I bring to the Lord today.
The comments, the words, what things will I pray.

I will tell Him of the peril I have faced.
The confusion, my fears, my questions, the obstacles in place.
The questions that haunt night after night.
The sicknesses, diseases, the innermost fears we fight.

Each difficulty, the losses, the pain each hour.
The needs petitions, intercessions.  Lord I need your power.
My failures, disappointments, insecurities, all seem so in vain.
Family disappointments, struggles, worries and endless spiritual pain.

Yet in all of this I am reminded of your goodness and love.
The victories, true freedom and the glories from above.
Life has such struggles it seem at times unfair.
Yet the Lord is wonderful.  It is so wonderful how He cares.

Life brings disappointments and discouragements.  Yet we cannot forget.
The Lord gives freedom, help and life without regret.
In bereavement and sorrow as life closes the door.
In the face of eternity, each day our cry should be, Lord use me once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment