Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas thought

David

Today is Christmas and the greatest gift ever given to man was born on this day. We celebrate his wonderful love. He is the reason for the season. On this day we send greetings to family and friends. We have dinner and exchange gifts and well wishes to others. The greatest and high gift we can give however is prayer. When we pray for others we have an opportunity to truly love. I have found it impossible to hate someone when we are praying for them. When I was younger I broke up with a girl and it broke my heart. I went to my pastor and asked how I could overcome this pain. He told me to pray for the girl and my anger would turn to forgiveness. Well I started to pray for her and soon forgiveness flowed and then not long afterward I only wanted the best for her. Over time I knew I was not right for her and moved on and found the love of my life which I have been married to for decades.
Prayer is the one thing that can remove any pain, sorrow or hurt from our heart. You see prayer allows love, healing, peace and joy into our lives. Isaiah put it this way. He gives us beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, a garment of praise for the Spirit of heaviness. Prayer allows divine love, presence and victory to flow into our broken lives. Life is not always fair, right or good but prayer helps to heal all these things in time. So today I want all reading this with your David to allow prayer to be the means of total healing.

Your Friend

Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment