Friday, February 8, 2013

The Reality of Revival

Today I want to focus on the realityof revival.  Revival in its simpliest form is that you are different and your view of your role in life is different.  Gypsy Smith the great revivalist was asked the secret of revival.  He said, "Draw a circle around youself and don't come out until you are revive with God."  It is so true.  when you are revived you have a new outlook on everything.  You see life as an opportunity to tell others about Jesus Christ.  Yesterday I was delivering invitations for our church and also putting flyers in door handles.  Someone thought I was trying door handles on cars so they called the police.  All of a sudden I was stopped by three police cars and asked what I was doing.  I showed them the flyer and my i.d. and then they laugh and told me that they would relate what I was doing to the complaint person.  I realize in that moment I was revived.  I was excited to know that I was causing s stir in the community and that I was revived.  I wanted to share Christ with others.  I was making an impact and three policeman got see see my material which had a clear presentation of the gospel.  Last week I had the privilege of leading two people to Christ.  This agained help revivve me.  My exhortation for you is draw a circle around yourself and do not come out until you are revived.  Those in your world need someone who is revived and full of the Holy Spirit to show them the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment