Monday, February 11, 2013

Jesus My Redeemer

The whole concept of redemption absolutely thrills me.  Here one moment you have a sinner who is away from God and the next they are a Sons and Daughters of God.  Salvation is so beautiful because one moment you have a person who is doing things that are not right and the next moment they want to follow God.  In that moment of salvation their minds get changed.  In my case my conversion was so dramatic that my friends knew I was different.  I remember the Monday after I had gotten saved.  I returned from the young people's convention and entered the house and my mother looked at me and said, "What happened to you?"  Without hesitation I replied, "I have become a Christian?"  I could have lied, I could have made up some excuse but instead I told the truth.  In fact before that moment I would have probably made up some story but now that I was a Christian I had to tell the truth.  You see when salvation came into my life I was a new creature all things had become brand new.  How could I deny the very thing that transformed my life.  I knew I was different.  I had never felt this way before and I did not want it to go away.  When I told my mother about this she looked at me coldly and said, "Well I do not want any of that nut house religion, I have my own religion."  I did not press the issue but 12 years later I had the privilege of leading her to Christ.  You see over those 12 years she saw my life change and what I had was real.  That reality has been going on for 38 years and I am so grateful.  Even now as I write this blog I feel God's Spirit and that feeling has never left.  I can honestly say that there has never been a day in my life where I was not aware of this wonderful salvation.  Jesus did all of that on the cross for me.  He can do the same for you.  Open you heart and let the full salvation He brings into your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment