Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jesus as the Intercessor

One of the most powerful times of prayer that Jesus had is the time He was in the Garden of Gethsame.  Here He prayed that the will of God would be done in His life.  This phrase, "Not my will but thine, rings through out the ages.  It should be the prayer of every disciple of Jesus Christ.  For a moment I want to bring the difference between a believer and a disciple of Christ.  A believer is someone who believes in Christ but does not necessarily gives every area of their lives to Christ.  They believe in the tenets of the faith.  They acknowledge that Jesus is Saviour and He has a great plan for life.  A disciple is one who follows Jesus with everything they have.  They know that Jesus is Savior but He is also Lord.  Whenever you find the word Savior in the Bible and it is talking about Jesus, He is known first as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus cannot be Savior without being Lord first.  A disciple knows this and they want that Lordship.  A disciple is also one who prays the prayer that Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsame.  "Not my will but thy be done."  Whatever you want, wherever you want me to go and want me to be, that is who I will be.  It is loving the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and loving our neighbour as ourselves.  Today you face a challenge and an opportunity.  Will you just be a believer or a disciple?  I love how Joshua put it in Joshua 24:15, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord."  Will you serve the Lord? 

No comments:

Post a Comment