Monday, July 23, 2012

One day at a time.

Each day on the Morning Show I pray a prayer about dedicating each day to the Lord.  With this thought in mind, I want to encourage each one of us to live this day as it is our last day on this planet because in reality it could be.  No person has a lease on life.  I remember when I lived in the city of Salmon Arm a story about a man who went up on his roof to shovel the snow off of it.  A task that is ordinary for people who live in the mountains and in areas where large amounts of snow fall.  He went up on the roof as he had down many times before and was doing something he had done before however this time one thing was different.  He fell off the roof and broke his neck and died instantly.  Many were effected by this and one of my neighbors came to me and ask the Lord in their lives because of it.  This person realize how fragile life was and wanted to make sure they were right for eternity.  My question or you this morning is, "Are you ready for eternity?"  I know I am.  With this thought in mind, I encourage you to treat this day and ever day you live as if it was your last day and live in such a way to impact as many people as you can.  As Christians we believe that Jesus could come back anytime.  So act and work as if He will.  We only have one life so I exhort you to live so well that the preacher does not have to lie at your funeral.    

No comments:

Post a Comment