Thursday, July 26, 2012

Household salvation

Today I was thinking about Joshua 24:15 where Joshua is near the end of life and he has called the nation of Israel to himself and he is giving them some final instructions.  He tells the that they have a choice to make.  They can choose the ways and gods of the nations or they can choose the ways of God.  He then states, "Às for himself and his house they will choose the Lord."  The power of choice is such a responsibility.  It carries with it life and death.  We can choose the things of the world which leads to death and destruction or we can serve the Lord which leads to life and salvation.  This choice also affects those around us.  Household salvation does not just happens it is choice.  Everyday we pray, role model and mentor our faith to our family.  When I first came to know the Lord, I made a choice to find a godly wife and raise a godly family.  Everyday, I have prayed and tried to be a consistent Christian by thought, word and deed.  I have tried to show through my faith by a lifestyle of love, acceptance and forgiveness.  The results thus far is all my children are serving the Lord and my oldest grandson is currently serving the Lord.  My belief that when my two other grand children reach the right age of accountability they to will give their hearts to Christ.  Household salvation happens by day to day living and serving the Lord.  Today my exhortation to you is daily give your life to God and over time you will see the promise of Joshua 24:15, you will see you and your house serving the Lord.    

No comments:

Post a Comment