Friday, July 27, 2012

Learn from our mistakes

There is an old adage that states that if we do not learn our lesson the first time we are doomed to repeat it.  This is so true.  Wisdom knows that if we do not follow the plans and purposes of God that we will make the same mistake over and over again.  The nation of Israel made many of the same mistakes.  In the wilderness they grumbled many times and were punished by God over and over again.  I have always had a motto, "learn the first time and you will not have to go through this again."  When it comes to unpleasant or bad things, I only want to go through them once.  So the first thing I always ask is, "Lord what are you trying to teach me through this?"  The second question is, "Lord, How can I learn from this so I will not make the same mistake twice?"  The word of God has been my source of counsel and quidance through all the storms of life.  If you find yourself going through a hard time then ask these questions and learn what you need to learn during this time and remember this time period will be of shorter duration if you learn your lessons well.  Your attitude during these times is also very important, keep positive and remember, "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose."  God is in your corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment