Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Thoughts of 2014

I love New Year because of new beginning and fresh starts.  This in a way reminds me of the daily provision of salvation that Jesus Christ brings.  Let me explain.  The bible says that the mercies of God are new every morning.  When we sin and become aware of it all we have to do is what John instructs us to do in 1 John 1:9, we are to confess our sins, forsake them and receive God's forgiveness.  This gives us an opportunity to stay in a right relationship with God.  In reality it is eternal and abundant life every day.  God gives us a wonderful second chance every time.  That is what I love about redemption.  When I sin which we all do, I bring it to God, follow 1 John 1:9 and start again.  God takes my sin and throws it into His sea of forgetfulness.  That means He will never bring it up again.  Now this does not give me the license to sin, because I love Him I will never try to do that.  But if I do sin, I know that I can come to Him and make it right.  That is tremendous freedom.  John 8:32, says, "Who the Son sets free is free indeed."  What a wonderful promise.  So today as we start 2014, let us live in the freedom given to us through Jesus Christ.  Let us make this the year where we stay close to God and live in the reality of this wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment