Friday, June 15, 2012

Steps of a good man.

   Recently I have been hit with a couple of reality checks.  These checks have not been pleasant or easy.  Everything, I thought I was doing was right, but the  reality was that it just wasn't working.  This made me re-evaluate everything.  Not easy to do when you been heading down a path for a while.  It has caused me to rethink everything which in itself is not a bad thing.  After the evaluation process, comes the prayer and seeking of God's face for the next step.  The promise is that if we choose to follow God and do His will that He will direct our path.  The Bible makes it clear that the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.  This is my promise and yours.  When reality bites, you bite back.  When you are knock down , you get back up again.  I remember a story of a young man who was called by the Lord to a city and church.  When everyone abandoned him, he had a cry session for about three hours and then after the cry was over, he got up and got back to work.  God blessed his determination and faith.  After I had my pity party I decided to get back to work and get things right with God and trust Him for the future.  If you find yourself in this place maybe this little exhortation will help you as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment