Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting ready for holidays.

As I sit and write this blog I realize that tomorrow I will be leaving for a working vacation.  My home in B.C. needs some work and I will be going to do that.  This means that my blogs will be a little scarce for the next couple of weeks.  So with only a couple of days left.  What would I like to leave with you?  First, that during this summer season that you keep your devotional life strong.  There is a tendency during the summer to not work as hard in this area.  Bible reading and prayer are just as important because they strengthen you and keep you focus.  Secondly, make sure you go to the house of the Lord.  During the summer people give themselves the excuse to miss church because they have put in a long year and they need rest and relaxation.  God's house is not a burden or a duty but a privilege and is an exciting opportunity to get together with God's people and celebrate our faith together.  Thirdly, make sure before you go away to make sure your tithes and offerings have been given to your local church.  Churches still have expenses and you need to make sure you have done your part to help them meet those expenses.  Lastly, focus on rest.  Make sure you get the rest and when you return you are ready to touch your world for Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment