Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Restoration and Hope

   This morning in my morning devotion I was reading from Ezekiel 20:45-49, which talks about God dealing judgment on the people of the south and restoration, Israel would be restored back to the land of Canaan.  This portion brings out that God in the midst of judgment tempers it with mercy.  Mercy is a wonderful quality.  The defintion of mercy is, "You have the right and authority to executive judgment but instead you temper it with compassion."  God does this with us everyday.  He deals with our failures, mistakes and sins with mercy.  God is also the God of the second chance.  In the book of Revelation we have God pouring out judgment and yet in the middle of this judgment He offers forgiveness and repentance.  He is the God of the second chance.  I have had times in my life where God has confronted me with my sin and has dealt with me harshly or at the time it seemed harsh.  After the seaon of testing was over I discovered it was the best thing for me.  It was not pleasant or easy, but when you learn you lessons you are a better person.  I do not know what season of life you are in but remember God loves you to much to leave you the way you are.  My exhortation for you is the following, "Learn the lesson you need to learn so you will not have to have them repeated."  God loves you and wants only your best.   

No comments:

Post a Comment