Friday, November 12, 2021

Nov 12 - Vignettes on Prayer

 Nov 12 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     When we arrived in Lacombe we were naïve and inexperienced.  I made my share fair of mistakes.  Full of zeal and a desire to make a difference and yet not being a person of prayer at the time I needed someone to pray me through.  Little did I know that God had strategically place someone where there and that was Agnes McAlister.  She prayed for this young zealous, inexperienced young man night and day.  I went to a Ministers Seminar in Lethbridge, Alberta and heard Glen Cole a pastor from California who told of a story where in his first church he greeted all the people who were not there.  I went back to Lacombe and the following Sunday greeted all the people who were not there.  At the time some would consider that a foolish declaration.  Two years later when the church was full it was Agnes McAlister who pointed out this faith declaration.  She told the congregation she thought I was naïve but that morning the church was full.  She smiled and told the church to give the Lord a clap offering which they did.  Faith sometimes seems foolish but God uses our faith to make things happen and it is wonderful to have an experienced pray warrior backing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment