Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Feb 23 - Vignettes on Prayer

 Feb 23 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     When you are praying for your family you are standing in the gap for them.  You are bringing them to the throne of grace and through you they are sanctified.  Sometimes it almost feels like life and death when praying for them.  In fact sometimes it is.  My oldest son when he was four had a form of whooping cough which put him in an oxygen tent and the doctor has said that unless he had a miracle he would die.  My wife informed me that if we did not pray it could go either way.  I spent two hour in intercessory prayer claiming 1 Pet 2:24 on his behalf.  I wrestle against the spirit of death for those hours.  I cried out to the Lord with every fiber of my being.  I was not about to let my son go to the way of death.  I had never prayed so hard and fervently in my life.  After that time of prayer I phone my wife who told me that in those two hours something had changed.  My son began getting better and the following day he was released from the hospital.  One moment on the brink of death the next moment released from its grip.  This does not always happens but in that moment no one can tell me that prayer does not work.  It did for me and it can for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment