Friday, October 25, 2013

My God, why have you forsaken me.

In Matt 27:46, We have those immortal words where Jesus said, 'My God, My, God, why have you forsaken me."  Here we have the full impact of sin hitting the perfect and sinless one.  The writer of Hebrews said it this way, "He who had no sin became sin for us.  Jesus Christ was the perfect man.  The perfect union of the natural and the divine.  He was the God man.  Hanging on the cross our sin was put on Him and in that moment the full impact of that total separation that happens when a person does not know God, hit Him.  It is our sin that separates us from God.  Jesus died on the cross that you and I would not have to know that.  When He stated these words, for the first time in His natural life He knew what it was like to be separated from God.  Before I became a Christian in 1974, I was separated from God by my sin.  On that Thanksgiving Saturday in a park in Havre, Montana I gave my life to Christ.  From then on every day I have been aware of God's presence.  I have experienced His love, acceptance and forgiveness every day.  You can too.  Jesus died so we could have a dynamic relationship with the Lord.  Today do not let anything come between you and God.  Love Him with every fibre of your being.  Serve Him with gladness and joy.  Read the word and pray everyday.  Go to the house of the Lord with anticipation and share your faith with others.  Jesus cried these words for you and me.  He was forsaken so you and I could be accepted.  He died so we could live.  Let us live for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment