Friday, October 26, 2012

Psalm 13 of Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 13 of Psalms of Steel

I have ponder why I pray so much and yet so little happens.
Have I sinned against you?
Has my iniquities separated me from you?
Are my thoughts mine only and not yours?
Have my words hurt others and you?
Is my actions and attitudes keeping us apart?
These are the thoughts running through my mine day and night.

So I examined my heart, I look deep within,
Even after all of this, I still am not certain.
I have pondered, examined and thoroughly investigated,
my ways and still have no relief.
Then I remembered, it is grace and faith alone, I stand.

This immediately freed me and I have assurance again.
Examination is good, but grace and truth are my firm foundation.
The Lord is to be praised for His goodness.
He gives strength to the weak, wisdom to the faithful,
knowledge to the uneducated and life to those who are passing away.
Praise the Lord, and again I say praise the Lord for all His benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment