Monday, June 4, 2018

In God Alone

June 4 – In God Alone – Psalm 62:5-6

     The psalmist tells his soul to find rest in the Lord.  Sometimes you actually must will yourself to find rest in the Lord.  Sometimes these are just declarations of faith.  There are times when you have to remind yourself that God is with you.  Emotions are a funny thing.  They often betray our true heart.  Many times we feel nothing in our relationship.  This is the times we make declarations of faith.  The psalmist spoke this to his world.  “Find rest Oh my soul in God alone.”  “My hope comes from Him”.  What a great statement.  You have a future in the Lord.  You have something to hope for.  Good is coming your way in the Lord.
     David then restates what he said, in verse 2, He alone is my rock, my salvation, He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  When a writer restates something they want their readers to know this is their heart cry.  Is this your heart cry?  Make it you aim this day to find rest in the Lord, for He alone can and will be your salvation, fortress, hope and victory.  With Him in your corner today you will not be shaken no matter what comes your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment