Sunday, January 28, 2018

Psalm 179 of Psalms of Steel

Psalm 179

Oh Lord please rescue me from this trap of my own making.
Day and night I cry out to you for your help and forgiveness
I am trap in a spiralling web of sin and pain.
Please come to my aid before I cannot be rescued.
I know you are the only one who can free me.

Lord I cry out to you night and day.  I am in defeat.
I ask for forgiveness and tell you I will not do it again.
Yet the next day I am back in the same old cycle.
Lord I need your Holy Spirit to empower and anoint me.
I need your anointing to break this yoke.

I know there is victory in the Lord, He is the answer.
He can and will break all chains and shackles.
The Lord is my helper, my healer and my freedom.
Help comes from the Lord in all things.  He is God.
To you Lord I look for my deliverance and freedom.

The Lord is longsuffering and patient with me.
He will come to me and help in my time of distress.
The Lord is the great deliver and freedom maker.
When we put our trust in Him He will set and keep us free.

I rejoice in God my strength, victor and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment