Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mercy and Grace

Mercy and Grace to Others – Rom 9:24-15

Vs 24 – His mercy, compassion and grace has been extended not only to the Jews but to the Gentiles as well.  
Vs 25 – Paul then quotes Amos, the Shepherd Prophet. “I call them my people who are not my people, I will call them my loved one who is not my loved one.”  God is calling those who are not His own.  Amos was called to minister to the people of Israel even though he was Judah.  As the shepherd prophet he saw clearly how God would call people who were not His people.  The Gentiles have been the objects of God’s mercy and grace.  It is because God saw the future including ours.  It is so wonderful to know that we are loved and cared for by God.  If we see this and activate this promise in our lives we will be used as objects of grace and mercy in our world.  We are loved and through us He will extend His love to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment