Sunday, June 2, 2013

Psalm 110 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Psalm 110 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Lord why have I not seen your goodness to this point?
How did I miss the simplest of truths?  Why did I miss your will?
My blindness and my pride have taken me away from you.
I allowed un-forgiveness in my heart to rob me of your sight.
I was aware that this could happen but instead I chose to hold on to my hurt.
Lord I aware that everyone gets hurt but I thought my pain was greater than others.
I forgot how the path of offense leads to hurt.
Hurt leads to un-forgiveness and then in time to bitterness.

Bitterness is fruit that no person should eat of.
It poisons the view of love and restoration,
It causes us to see from the vantage point of mistrust.
We see all those who be friend as possible betrayers.
We keep our love and trust guarded in a wall of pain.
We cannot let down our walls because we are not healed.
We cannot let those who could heal us in because of un-forgiveness.
Lord we cannot believe those who are created in your image to restore us.

Lord give me the courage to forgive.
To forgive as you have forgiven me.
Show me the path back to trusting you and others.
This un-forgiveness has kept me from you.
I say I trust you but I do not because in a way I blame you.
In my pain I said, "God how could you let this happen."
I did not see the path of immediate forgiveness.
When wrong, I need to forgive immediately and not allow hurt to remain.

From this day forward before I leave my time of prayer.
I choose that no matter what any does to me.
I will not do the same.  I will forgive and not allow the hurt to dictate my course.
I will forgive as you have forgiven me.  I will release this to you.
I will not nurse my hurt, or curse those who hurt me.
I will disburse this to you in prayer and reverse this.
Lord in this way I will be free and see that the path of forgiveness
Is the path that lead to health, wholeness and freedom in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment