Friday, August 31, 2012

Jesus is Lord.

In Rom 14:11, we learn that one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  People today think they can have nothing to do with Christ.  This portion points out that one day all creation will have to stand before Christ and confess that He is Lord.  Even the devil will have to do this act of servanthood.  What a day that will be.  Christ defeated the devil on the cross.  Christ broke the devil's power and one day the devil will be in complete subjection and the ultimate blow is when he will have to confess that Jesus is Lord.  One time when I was younger and in my first church we had a powerful service.  The Spirit was moving powerfully.  I met a young man after the service who saw souls saved and people filled with the Holy Spirit.  I testified to him and when I asked him if he was willing to surrender his life to Christ.  To my amazement he said, "no"  He said he was an athiest and had come to the service as a personal favor to a friend.  I began to pray for him.  I do not know if  he is serving the Lord today or is even alive but he has no excuse.  One day that man will stand before Christ and will have to confess that Jesus is Lord.  I am looking forward to that day, because I have already confessed that He is Lord.  I hope you have as well.  Your promises for today are:  Acts 13:18, Rom 3:25, 5:9, Col 1:13 and 1 John 1:9.  You Insightful Sayings are:  Avoid the way of the drunkard, it leads to poverty, loneliness and destruction.  A man who loves his wife will have a home where grace and love flourishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment