Monday, September 28, 2026

HABITS TO GROW

 


      Here are the 12 Habits you'll learn to master:  These were given to us by Benjamin Franklin Habit #1 Appreciation (Or Gratitude) - Notice the blessing in everything, big and small. Dwell on the beauty in all I see, hear, touch, taste and smell. Realize that everything is a gift from the Almighty and is put there to enjoy and learn from.  Habit #2 Positive Speech Judge the value of my words before I speak. Speak only what may benefit others and myself. Avoid evil speech/gossip.  Habit #3 Tranquility, Peace, Patience - Interpret everything quietly without undue confusion, excitement, or anger. Be not disturbed at trifles or at accidents common or unavoidable. Whatever is happening in life, be patient. Determine the lesson to be learned in every challenge to become elevated. Control anger.

       Habit #4 Righteousness - Do unto others as you'd have done unto you, and as they desire to be done unto. Wrong none by doing injuries. Be just by accepting my duties and responsibilities.  Habit #5 Gentleness - The words of the wise are spoken softly and peacefully.  Habit #6 Respect/Honor Others - Be extremely careful with the honor and feelings of others. Strive always to make the other person feel good about himself/herself.

     Habit #7 Physical Health - Exercise daily and eat with health and moderation. Habit #8 Quickness - Do all I need (or have) to do without wasting time (procrastination) and with maximum productivity per moment. Cut off all unnecessary actions. Focus.  Habit #9 Resolution - Resolve to perform what I ought/have chosen to perform, without fail. Act with consistency, as well as persistency. Be diligent.

   Habit #10 Order/Cleanliness - Keep all living and working environments both clean and in order. Be organized. Clean, file, straighten up as soon as necessary and right away. A place for everything and everything in its place.   Habit #11 Thrift/Frugality - Use money wisely and for the benefit of all (to do good for others and myself) and with no waste.   Habit #12 Truthfulness - Be truthful in all that I say (based on motivation/intent). 

     When choose to walk in these ways it is amazing not only how you influence and control yourself but also how you treat others.  I have heard many times that if you cannot be anything at least be kind.  Paul says that love is both patient and kind.  Everyday you and I have the chance and choice to be a blessing these principles are a good place to start.  Remember the secret to real influence others is treating everyone the way you want to be treated.  It is amazing how this can positively affect others around us especially today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment